9.28.2006

Don King...

Dear Friend,

So on Tuesday (Sept. 26th) I arrived at Barnes and Noble right when it opened up at 9 am. I had missed a few journal entries and so I wanted to get myself caught up. I think that because I got to Barnes and Noble so early I got to pick any seat in the house. I chose this table off to the right so that I could set my computer up and listen to Album Leafs new album (Into the Blue Again) while writing. Also, I needed room for my journals and a place for my new Phoenix Suns hat to rest (preseason starts on Oct. 6th and so I need to start breaking in my new hat for this season). After I got everything set up I knew that there was one more thing missing…Cream Soda! There is nothing like an ice cold Cream Soda in the morning. So I went up to the counter and got my soda (it was a twist off…yes!) and with my Barnes and Noble discount card it came out to $1.89 rather than the normal $2.11! I was pretty excited!

So I got back to the table and sat down and began to catch up with my journal. There was lots to talk about and lots that I wanted it to remember for me. It wasn’t but 30 minutes into my time journaling that I received a text message. It was from Jimbo…the conversation went like this…

Jim: I would love to hang out with Don King.
Kyle: hmm.
Jim: You know that he is a Christian?
Kyle: Is he really!? Who told you this?!
Jim: This morning on 3 TV

This was the extent of our conversation that morning. There were no “hello’s” or “good morning’s” exchanged. It was really strange because I just sat there and thought to myself…Don King? He’s a Christian? Why does 3 TV care? That’s neat…kinda weird, though. Then I started to laugh at the fact that Jim and I were just talking about Don King. But after I got over Don King and his recent conversion I started to remember how much I love text messaging. Do you send text messages often? Have you ever sent a text message before? I love text message. I know that some people just don’t like the idea. But I do. I like it a lot. I love the randomness of a text message. I love the fact that you don’t have to have long conversations with people if you don’t want to. If you need to tell them you will be 5 minutes late - just send a text. If you want to see what someone is up to, or how their day is going, or just wanted to let them know you were thinking about them - just send a text. I, in some ways, see text messages as our generations version of a note. I have never just sent a note to someone in the mail just to tell them that I was thinking about them or telling them that I hope that they have a good day. But, I would imagine it feels pretty good to receive one. I can imagine this only because when I receive a text from people and they are just letting me know that they were thinking about me…or they wanted to just let me know that they wanted to hang out with Don King - it makes me feel special! It lets me know that someone is thinking about me…and who doesn’t like that?

I was reminded this past Tuesday of my love of text messaging.

I would love to hear from you sometime…send me a text (or someone else for that matter). A simple hello…or some random thought throughout your day…480.262.2643

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Until then…spread the word…Don King is a Christian!

heart.soul.mind.
kyle diroberts

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that mean that I have to like him?

11:30 PM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger Kyle DiRoberts said...

ummm...no...I think all you have to do is love him. :) I don't know if you are a Christian or not because of your secret anonymous name, but you may be off the love hook though if you aren't a Christian. :)

10:22 AM, October 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home