6.14.2007

I was reading an article this morning about Billy Graham’s wife Ruth. It was informing the world about how Ruth is in a coma, and is close to death.

There is something about Billy Graham that I can’t explain…I personally have never seen (with my own eyes) one man set apart for such human greatness for the cause of Christ.

Just looking at his picture in the article this morning, makes me think of what it must have been like to look at Peter, John, Paul, etc...yeah, those guys.

As I was reading this article there was one section…it read, “Graham was in Charlotte last month for the opening of the $27 million, 40,000-square-foot museum and evangelistic library. He looked frail, was brought to the site by golf cart and needed Franklin's help to reach his seat.

The emotional ceremony had such an air of finality that Graham quipped, "I feel like I've been attending my own funeral."

He told a crowd that included three former U.S. presidents - Clinton, Carter, and George H.W. Bush - that he was embarrassed by the attention and said there was "too much Billy Graham " in the exhibits.

"This building behind me is just a building," he said then. "It's an instrument, a tool for the Gospel. The primary thing is the Gospel of Christ."

After I read these words I got chills…it made me think of my favorite descriptions on the Apostle John in his final days. It reads, “The aged apostle John was so frail in his final days at Ephesus that he had to be carried into the church. One phrase was constantly on his lips: “My little children, love one another.” Asked why he always said this, he replied, “it is the Lord’s command, and if this alone be done, it is enough.”

I think that the chills came from the similarity of these men….I know their words were different…but their hearts just feel the same.

heart.soul.mind.
kyle diroberts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home